Chapel of Mercy
Booking
Building dated from 1568, according to the inscription engraved on the portal. It is believed to be one of the first houses belonging to the Brotherhood of Mercy. It was in the early 17th century that the Dispatch House was also built, attached to the left side elevation of the chapel. The façade of the church stands out for its Mannerist portal with a rectangular frame, flanked by two pilasters decorated with grotesque relief motifs, topped by a triangular pediment where a sculpted image of the Virgin was integrated, along with the inscription: MARIE - MATER - GRATIA - MATER - MISERICORdiÆ (MARY - MOTHER - GRACE - MOTHER - MERCY or MARY, MOTHER OF GRACE, MOTHER OF MERCY). Its interior is of great beauty and refinement. Integrated into the Historic Center of the Village of Lousã, it is classified as a Property of Public Interest.
Phone contact
E-mail
Address
Rua Viscondessa do Espinhal
3200-257 LousãGPS Directions
Website
Social media
Opening hours
09h00 - 18h00
Site visit
Self-guided visit
Ticket availability
No
Type of access
Pedestrian, by car, by bicycle, ...
Parking
Yes
Accessible for reduced mobility
Yes
Point included in PR / Route
Yes: PR1
Suitable for meals
No
Suitable for children
Yes
Pets allowed
No
Shelter from the rain
Yes
Drinking water point
No